Sunday, August 11, 2013

Going the Distance

I have been trying to increase my exercise. Right. Like I have time for that. 
But I sit all day at my job, strapped to my desk (literally, with my phone cord) and I only get up a couple times to use the ladies room. 
Because of my now sedentary lifestyle, I have certainly put on a few extra pounds. Boo. 
I'm done with it. I hate it. And I must change it. So, earlier this year, I bought myself a Fitbit One, and I wear it every day. I log my food and my exercise and it helps to keep me on track. Recently I have lowered my intake of Sugar and Carbs. Boo again. My goodness, how fun is that? Especially since my drink of choice, besides Diet Coke, is a Caramel Swirl Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts, with lots of cream and sugar. It's pretty much a hot fudge sundae in a glass calorie wise. And it's SO yummy. To.die.for. 
So, instead, for the past month I have been getting an Unsweetened Iced Tea with Lemon and Splenda. 9 little calories. It's good, I enjoy it on my hour long ride to work. I doesn't give me the sugar rush that I am accustomed to, however, when I think about it... the calories I'm saving alone will help me button my pants without jumping up and down and screaming, you know what I'm saying?
I've also cut down on the carb intake. Carbs and I do not get along. At all. I love my bread. But aside from that, I don't eat a lot of rice, pasta, potatoes, etc. But bread is a tough one. I've been really watching it and tracking my calories, carbs and sugar intake and increasing my exercise. 
On vacation last week, I walked with my father every single morning. We did approximately 3 miles a day. It felt great! Before vacation I was walking a mile and a half daily. But now that I've been walking longer distance, I feel like I'll be shortchanging myself if I go backwards. So this morning, in an effort to go the distance, I got up at 6am, got dressed, headphones on with some new tunes, and set off on my 3 mile walk.
 I was done in just about an hour and I was 
SO PROUD OF MYSELF! Go me!
Work week starts again tomorrow, so no more vacation walking, but I have been taking the stairs (76 stairs) instead of the elevator, and I walk around at my break and up and down the stairs again at lunch. Once I get home I'll be grabbing the kids and heading out for an outside walk. I hope I can keep up the distance before it gets dark but I think I may have to lessen it during the week and make sure I go for it on the weekends. 
Hoping to slim down a bit before cooler weather gets here, so the motivation is there! 
We did a little yard work today too.A couple months ago, we took a chance and planted my favorite flower. I was so shocked and thrilled to see that it's growing! I have 1 beautiful yellow Calla Lily! So excited!
I don't know if the others will come up or if it will last but I'm so glad I got to see it and take a picture of it. 
It put a smile on my face for sure. 
Now if I can use these colors in a piece of jewelry, I'd be all set!
Going to search the bead box for something. ;) 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!