Friday, August 10, 2012

Bead Soup Reveal!

Well the day has finally arrived! It's my turn to reveal my bead soup! 
My partner this time around was Martha Aleo, and she sent me some very cool beads to work with. 
I thought for a while on what I should do with these beads and I wanted to try something that I am not all that accustomed to making. It ended up being a multi strand bracelet with different beads...no symmetry. Which is not like me all! I generally like things all neat and tidy and the SAME, but as I grow as an artist, I have found that things can be just as beautiful in an asymmetrical way.
Here is what I came up with:
I wanted to use a little bit of everything she sent me. I used the beautiful lampwork glass beads on one strand, found some black Swarovski Pearls that matched the circles, and put Swarovski Crystals inside each one, and used some of the green tube beads. The third strand is actually a piece of black chain that I had left over from my last beads soup with Pam Ferarri! It was perfect and completed this multi strand bracelet exactly as I wanted it to. I used her handmade clasp as well, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I also made a matching pair of earrings:
Using the rest of the lampwork beads and some of the black clay disks that she made, I love how these came out! I love my dangles, and these are great! 
 I have a ton of materials left over, and had all intentions of creating more, but kind of ran into a snag this past week. I had some water damage on the roof of the back room on my house and unfortunately when I started tearing into it, it turned out to be so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I've been in rebuild mode all week and have had to devote all my time to that and keeping my house together! I'm so glad I got an early start and was able to get what I wanted made for the reveal! Now I have a great stash to continue to creating with for some time to come! 
Can't wait to see what Martha designed with what I sent her! Let's go check it out together now...
Thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to visit the rest of the participants on this reveal date, they are listed below!
Thanks Lori for another fun event!!
Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 
 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

 

54 comments:

  1. Another beautiful color palette...BSBP participants really knocked it out of the park this go-round! Love the asymmetrical bracelet, and kudos to you for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my you rawked it! Both the bracelet and the earrings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky colours Lovely.Thank you Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, what a beautiful bracelet and earring set I like the colours in the glass beads and I love asymetrical.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces!! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I'd love to wear those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the asymmetry of the bracelet, and the earrings really show off the beads beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely bracelet and earrings,
    nice color pallet
    Cheers to you for trying an asymmetrical design !
    Turned out bead-utifully!!!
    Delicious soup!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great soup. I love what you made. Those green tubes look fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen-I love what you have done wit the beads! The chain addition is spot on and the earrings make it a great set. I love how you have used the vintage materials and how you made everything fit in so well! Kudos and congratulations from your partner Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lush, deep colours, fantastic work, love alot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours, I love these earrings!Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to get out of your comfort zone - you did an amazing job with that bracelet! Love those colors you used. Good luck on the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate hearing about the water damage you're dealing with, but you did create some really beautiful pieces first. Here's hoping the rebuilding comes along quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristen, I really like the 3 layer bracelet, I keep wanting to make a double or a triple but I have yet to do one, I love the way you used the chain...have fun with the rest of the stash...and thanks for the kind words about the owls I got, I dont usually make jewelry, I just love melting the glass...the owls gave me a bit of inspiration to step out of my comfort zone...
    as always your art is so lovely...
    Jelveh
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally love the bracelet -- so my style! You did such a fantastic job, and I appreciate your playing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those beads! That bracelet is amazing...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW WOW WOW -- I love the colors and the design. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those beads are gorgeous ... and so are your bracelet and earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the ingredients that you started with and your finished soup is enough to make me swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would never know your bracelet was outside your norm. You made it look easy and effortless. The color and flow are beautiful, and the earrings are a perfect touch to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness.... those beads are just amazing!! I love the way you pared them!! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love your pieces! The addition of the Swarovskis in the center of disks was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an eye catching design for such striking colors, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely design. I too have three children. Keep you hopping right?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kristin,

    I love your multi strand bracelet... great color balance and love the black chain! :-) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job on challenging yourself further with th mutli strands. I thing you should keep on going, it sure looks great. Good luck with the home repairs, excuse to redecorate a little maybe, silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  28. Strickig designs and great use of your soup. Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty, love the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the bracelet, love the earrings. beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love those earrings! So colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that bracelet. Those green tubes are so cool. I really like the black chain too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful bracelet! I love the colours - so very striking! You've made a great matching set of jewellery from your bead soup. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the black chain with the bracelet - a great way to integrate these colors into your fall wardrobe. I can tell this bracelet would feel fantastic on the wrist, and would perfectly dress up jeans and a shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love those colors, great job with your soup in spite of what life threw in your way. Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gotta love lampwork!
    Very cool designs~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Kristen,
    I love your designs they are beautiful. I love bracelets because you can always see them when you are wearing them.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful designs, I love both of them. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your designs..very striking. Such a fun set with great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous bracelet and earrings! Love the lampwork beads - colours are great and designs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Kool bracelet & I really like the earrings.You should try asymmetrical more often you did great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh I am so sorry to hear about the water damage. I hope you are able to rebuild and get back to business soon. Your bracelet is simply stunning. I love how you have combined everything together and all the layers. You have a beautiful style.

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful pieces! I love the color combo and the bracelet focal is stunning! Yummy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  44. wonderful creation! you did a great job with your soup!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely set, you've done a great job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!